If any child had ever dreamt of a store, where they can find loads of board games on rows of shelves; figurines of heroes, monsters, soldiers, tanks, and dragons – It’d probably look like Xpidemix.
At the point of writing this entry, Xpidemix has one of the most impressive collection of whatever a miniatures painter needs. Such as popular brands of paints, primers, brushes, and realistic terrains. It can be easy to mistake the interior as an Arts Friend craft store.
Speaking to Rahim, the manager, we learnt that this place is very beginner-friendly. Upon the purchase of any painting products, an expert staff member will share painting tips through a hands-on demo.
They also sell plenty of miniatures, high quality branded dice, and official adventure modules or cards for Dungeons & Dragons, Star Wars, Bolt Action, and more.
Similar to Experience Point, a resident DM organizes regular game nights. It’s typically in a block of 3 hours at $5 per pax. Outside DMs are welcomed to run their games here. DMs who run games gets store credits on the nights they host. There are tons of terrains one can borrow to use.
For casual and social board gamers, you can book a table at $10/hr. They have a decent collection of titles available, judging from their shelves. Xpidemix carry all the usual boardgame fare, such as Dune, Gloomhaven, and Ticket to Ride.
Having spent time here on a Friday night, we’d point out that advanced booking of any table is recommended as walk-in customers scoop up spots quickly.
With just 3 tables, their maximum capacity currently is at just 15 players, making it one of the smaller sittings that have been reviewed so far.
For geeks, it can be easy to lose track of time within the towers of shelves here. While space is tight, it can feel like a treasure dive with Xpedemix’s bountiful stock.
Xpidemix is Perfect for…
– Both Professional and Amateur painters looking for materials and guidance.
– Tabletop RPG hobbyist looking for pretty much anything.
– Modern board gamers in general as their retail selection is rather impressive.
Xpidemix is Good for…
– Groups of players looking for a DM to run their games.
Xpidemix is Bad for…
– Couples looking for a private date, since the other tables are a little too close for comfort
– Last minute bookings.
– Those who drive. While street parking is available, being within the Katong area popular for its restaurants, cafes and pubs… you’d be lucky to find a parking spot easily in the evenings and especially during peak periods.
The lads from TabletopTavern are on an adventure to discover Boardgame Cafes situated on the sunny island of Singapore. Our quest is to provide you with the most informative Boardgame Cafe Reviews. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to catch our latest Boardgame Cafe Reviews!
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]